Main menu

Pages

3 Golden Rules Every Freelance Writer Should Know

Golden Rules Every Freelance Writer Should Know. I was not active here on my blog for a while. But you know what? I have been molding my career throughout these days. (So you guess blogging is not my career, right?).


Golden Rules Every Freelance


Anyway, I am not a full-time blogger or digital marketer. It is tough to maintain blogging as a final year degree student. Professors are driving me crazy (like they always do).


Assignments, seminars, internal exams, and full day classes. We can’t even bunk an hour since the beginning of this academic year.


But I managed to work for my freelancing clients irrespective of loads of academic projects. (Guess my career now)

With only a few hours (2-3) in every night, I earn 10k INR monthly (15k in some months). I know it’s too little to boast about. But I am so happy with it being the sole earner in my family.


Here, I am sharing four golden rule of freelance writing. (I am pursuing my bachelors in Physics. So I hope you will never mind me blending laws of physics with freelancing).


Read more: How To Use Google AdSense To Make Money Online In 2022


#1. Law of Inertia

Law of inertia is also known as Newton’s first law of motion.

Everybody continues to be in its state of rest or uniform motion unless and until an external unbalanced force acts on it.


It’s a universal law. I found this law applicable in freelancing also.


You will always find it hard to start something. Yeah, really!! Starting trouble does exist. It may because your laziness, shyness or whatever. I had heard about freelancing almost three years before I made my first online penny.


I was reluctant to take the first steps. Why because my mind was occupied by full of hesitation. I thought, what if all the income reports of freelancers and bloggers were fake? What if I might be fooled?


For God’s sake, I got over every single hesitation. And, took the initial step. I admit it’s not a redundant path for a newbie freelance writer.


But the spines and whips become softened when you are willing to act upon. You may find it difficult to get the first client. You will be unstoppable just after the first contract.


All you need is a sharp mind which believes in yourself. Don’t hesitate to take action.

Winners take action rather than wasting time on unsuccessful planning.


#2. Theory of Relativity

Albert Einstein formed the theory of relativity. He stated that the motion or state of rest of an object is relative. We can’t say that it moves perennially. As the frame of reference changes, the motion or rest also changes.


The same applies on freelancing too. You can approach a situation in two different ways. Suppose you are a newbie freelance writer looking forward to getting projects. One day, a client approaches you. Yeah, he approaches you!! (Rarely happens, right??). 


Then, he enquires whether you can work on his project or not. But as the talk progresses, you find out that the payment is a bit less than your expectation. What will you do??

You have two options.


You will be getting low pay. So you find no point in working for them. So, reject the offer.

Or else, accept the offer.


I would recommend going with the second choice. Why because you are a newbie writer. People’s psychology is that they always want experienced guys to work for them.


Hence, your primary goal as a staring out freelance writer should not be money making, but building portfolio and relationship with clients.

How does it relate with Theory of Relativity?


As you clearly see, everything depends upon our mindset. If we see a situation as positive, it will surely work out positively. Here, your mind is the frame of reference. Positivity or negativity (like the state of motion or rest in Theory of Relativity) can be seen in accordance with your mind.

Read also: A Review Of How To Make Money Online Through Affiliation


#3. Newton’s Third Law

Here comes Newton again.

You studied all the three laws of Newton in high school. Can you remember the third one??


“For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.”

It holds true for everything in this universe, let alone freelancing.

By the way, how can you relate this to freelance writing?


Imagine you get a freelance project. Even after knowing the payment, you remain happy. But you may become sad to know the volume or topic (Either the volume will be high, or the topic will not be familiar to you).

Again, consider another situation of getting the relatively easy task regarding both topic and volume. Then, you will be disappointed to know the payment.


If you are an experienced writer getting good money already, this may not apply to you. But I see most of the freelancing offers following Newton’s third law.


Read more: Ways To Make Money Online From Affiliate Programs In 2022


Wrapping Up

I hope you like my post. If you find any laws of physics to be applicable in freelancing, do let me know with a comment. I would be more than happy to add your suggestion.


And, with this post, I am making a small announcement. In SpellBound Words, I have been posting whatever I feel like writing. But from now on, SBW becomes a blog features only freelance writing. I will be sharing my personal strategies, experiences, wins, flaws and everything related to freelance writing. 


Thank you so much for reading my post till the end. And, sorry for not being active in the past 2-3 months.


You are awesome. Keep visiting and let me know your opinion below.

Comments

table of contents title